Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas)
Nitrous Oxide is a safe anesthetic that patients of all ages have used for years. It works by raising the pain threshold for patients. It produces a giddiness or euphoric feeling and is known as “laughing gas.” It is an anesthetic that we use at Mooresville Dentist
The advantages of using Nitrous Oxide:
- There is no “hangover” feeling after it has been used.
- The sedation amount can be altered by increasing or decreasing it.
- There are no side effects to your body after using inhalation sedation making it a safe anesthetic.
- Inhalation sedation is effective in minimizing gagging.
- It takes effect quickly – reaching the brain within 20 seconds and within 2-3 minutes, the nitrous oxide’s relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
Patients will be able to breathe on their own and remain in control of their body. You may also experience mild amnesia and fall asleep with no memory of what happened during the procedure.
You may not want to use Nitrous Oxide if you have the following:
- A full stomach
- A cold or nasal congestion
- Severe chest problems
To schedule an appointment at our office, call our Mooresville Dentist office at (704) 660-1120